TO EXCUSE AN ABSENCE
PARENT/GUARDIAN: Please contact DHS to excuse your student's Absence OR report Present; notify within 24 hours of the absence or it will remain unexcused. The order of communication preference is:
- Email [email protected]org
- OR, Voicemail 970-259-1630 x.2312. If mailbox is full, use x.2313.
- INFORMATION REQUESTED: Your student's name(s), grade and date.
- Reason for your student's absence: out of town, travel, illness (include symptoms), or other reasons.
- Request provider/doctor's office note to excuse for medical/other appointments. Taking a picture of the note and emailing to DHS Attendance is acceptable and preferred.
- Continue to report illness/symptoms and/or COVID-19 test results for all days your child is ill.
Permission to Leave DHS Campus - Please email/call DHS Attendance on the morning of the appointment/early checkout, even days before. Attendance staff will enter a note in IC to show proof of permission from parents/guardians; you may text your student to remind their teacher about the approved early checkout. Teachers can see the note in their IC roster and will allow your student to leave at your designated time.