PROTOCOLS - FALL 2020
BLENDED (when at home) and REMOTE STUDENTS, please submit your attendance DAILY before 2:50 PM. Check-in should be from the STUDENT'S Infinite Campus portal, not from the parent's portal. See instructions below:
- Login to your Infinite Campus portal.
- On LEFT side of screen, go to Check-Ins.
- Click on BLUE button [Yes, I'm Here] ...done.
- Please make sure to submit your IC attendance DAILY before 2:50 PM. If you try after 2:50 PM, the Check-In option will disappear and IC will automatically mark you as Absent-Unexcused.
- In-person Students: entered by teachers each period; you do not have the Check-Ins option on your student portal.
- Blended (when at the school): entered by teachers each period; you do not have the Check-Ins option on your student portal on the days you are at school.
TO EXCUSE TARDY/ABSENCE
PARENTS/GUARDIANS must contact DHS to excuse a student's Absence OR report Present. Please notify within 24 hours of the absence, or it will remain unexcused. The order of communication preference is:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR, Voicemail 970-259-1630 x.2312. If mailbox is full, use x.2313.
- INFORMATION REQUESTED: Your student's name(s), cohort number, and date.
- Reporting an absence? Please provide a reason for your student's absence if (s)he is unable to work on school assignments, i.e., out of town, travel, illness (include symptoms), or other reasons.
- Request provider/doctor's office note to excuse for medical/other appointments. Taking a picture of the note and emailing to DHS Attendance is acceptable and preferred.
- ABSENT from school but WORKING ONLINE from home? Please email/call DHS Attendance so you can be counted Present-working-remote.
Permission to Leave DHS Campus - Please email/call DHS Attendance on the morning of the appointment/early checkout, even days before. Attendance staff will enter a note in IC to show proof of permission from parents/guardians; you may text your student to remind their teacher about the approved early checkout. Teachers can see the note in their IC roster and will allow your student to leave at your designated time. DO NOT SEND PAPER NOTES DUE TO TRAVELING GERMS; please call/email instead.
OTHER CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
DHS Front Office will NO LONGER accept/hold items FOR STUDENTS:
- lunch, money, water bottle
- flower/pizza/food deliveries
- athletic clothing/equipment
- homework, laptop, backpack, anything.
- NO absence/tardy notes, see Early Checkout above
In cases of emergency, it is the student's responsibility to coordinate with, and meet their parent/guardian at the Mommy Circle outside the DHS Main Entrance.