We are seeking around 20 members to form this workgroup, and we are seeking a wide representation, including but not limited to:
- Business owners/entrepreneurs
- ESP Staff
Members will serve a two-year term on the committee. The committee is tasked with making recommendations to the Superintendent and the Board of Education.
The goal of the Long-Range Planning Committee is to provide recommendations, looking both five (5) to ten (10) years out, for the design of a school system that reflects the Board's vision, in light of area population changes while taking into consideration staffing, budget, facilities, resources, and educational and co-curricular programs. The committee will also be charged with the following:
- Review historical, current and future demographic, budgetary, state funding and economic trend data for the district and the state;
- Determine the most efficient use and allocation of existing resources given forecasted demographics, future enrollments, renovations needs, capacity of existing schools and other relevant variables;
- Review of the pros and cons and fiscal impact of running a bond measure, including final recommendations on the timing of a possible bond measure to support the needs of providing safe, efficient, modern and quality learning environments; and
- Propose to the Board of Education a range of long-term solutions for the current use of facilities, including reconfiguration and renovation, as well as proposed ideas for new or expanded facilities. There is no preconceived notion of which items will be selected/prioritized, to be determined by the Superintendent and the Board of Education.
All committee notes, documents and minutes will be posted on the 9-R website
If you are interested in applying for this committee, please fill out this attached Google Form. We also welcome recommendations by emailing us at [email protected]. Applications will be open until March 1 . For more information about this opportunity, please reach out to:
Andy Burns, COO
Durango School District 9-R