The meet and greet was to introduce the local subcontractors and vendors to the 9-R Bond prequalified General Contractors, in order to maximize local participation. The district now has eight Architect/Engineer teams partnered with twelve local firms and seven General Contractors prequalified with three of them being local firms.
A kickoff event to celebrate the beginning of the bond work was held on August 23, 2021 at Buckley Park.
Architect/Engineer team selections have been completed and contract negotiations are under way for:
- • Bid Package 01 – Miller Middle School
- • Bid Package 02 – CTE
- • Bid Package 03 – Secure Vestibules
- • Bid Package 04 – Roofing assessments and repairs/replacement
- • Bid Package 05 – Asphalt/Concrete repair/replacement
- • Bid Package 06 – Durango High School improvements
- • Bid Package 07 – Needham Elementary School improvements
- • Bid Package 10 – Park Elementary School improvements
- • Bid Package 13 – Sunnyside Elementary School improvements
This summer’s construction work included:
- Bid Package 05 o Park Elementary School received subgrade and parking lot improvements, ADA parking stall improvements, and gas line replacement.
- Fort Lewis Mesa Elementary School had concrete improvements to sidewalks and a trench drain installed by the playground entrance to improve drainage.
The Citizens Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) has been meeting monthly and Emily Meisner has been appointed chairperson. The CBOC presented a quarterly update to the Board of Education on October 28, 2021.