School Accountability Committee (SAC) / District Accountability Advisory Committee (DAAC)
The School Accountability Committee (SAC) is an integral part of the district accountability process. The SAC is responsible for ensuring that school budgets, spending, safety and academic performance is the best it can be. SAC member duties center around the following areas:
- Providing input for the Unified Improvement Plan (UIP - see below) for the school
- Reviewing student testing data
- Reviewing the individual school budgets to ensure that funds are spent in an appropriate manner
- Reviewing the safety procedures, physical security/safety and disciplinary issues at the building level
- Providing critical feedback to the Board of Education via the District Accountability Advisory Committee (DAAC)
Other items may be brought to the SAC and will be addressed by the Council as needed.